Friday, June 14, 2013

Friday June 14 - A few pictures and goodbye!

Here we are...the last day of second grade.  This is the 152nd time I have posted on this blog which has been viewed more than 5,000 times by you and other folks from around the world.  This has been an amazing year full of learning.

 I asked the students to write what they learned during second grade OR what they liked best about second grade.  Here is some of what they wrote:

"I liked all of the science projects we did..." William
"I liked the iPads..." Zac
"I liked second grade because of my friends...and I liked our room." Evan
"One of my favorite things was the habitat biome we were studying..."Cole
"I liked writing reports..." Bailey
" I liked writing alot because I like doing writing assignments.."Grace
"I like the teacher and the friends most of all..." Aoife
"I liked second grade because I liked the art projects..." Savannah
"I liked learning about habitats, ants, and fairy tales..."  Katie
"I learned in second grade that only if you try will it count."  Madeline
"I love the art..."  Seth
" I like the iPad because we can look up facts..." Peter
"I loved learning about gray wolves..." Kora
"Always do your best in everything..." Riley
"I liked the library because I love reading...best of all, I liked my teacher Mrs. Robb." Della
"I liked math, reading, and writing because I learned alot and I like that!" Catalina
"I liked recess and choice time...and Mrs. Robb because she's nice." Hayden
" I liked every single little part of school because of Mrs. Robb." Hannah
"I liked visiting Franz bakery." Teddy
"I liked learning fractions because they prepare me for the future." Lainey
"A habitat is a whole world of animals." Calvin
"I really liked writing animal reports." Sami
"I learned that ants can carry things bigger than them." Colin
 "For the best year, I have the best teacher...all teachers make the fun stuff happen!" Ava
Wow.

I want to say a huge thank you for the beautiful cards and generous gifts.  You have been an amazing parent group to work with!  Here is a picture of the handmade card from Heidi:
Amazing!
 We had a great last day.  The kids helped me clean and count the books in the room: 1,568 books to be exact!  I'm sure nobody read them all, but a few might have come close!
 We enjoyed a movie this afternoon, ate yummy popcorn courtesy of Della's mom Nicole, our room parent EXTRAORDINAIRE!  Then we had a surprise ice cream sunday party courtesy of left overs from Teacher Julie's room, then delicious cookies and good-bye wishes from Ava's mom and dad.  
Here are some pictures of us with our art portfolios:








We watched "Meet the Robinsons" a fabulous Disney movie about making mistakes, not giving up, and always looking ahead to the future.  One of my favorite quotes is shown at the end of the movie:

 

“ Around here, we keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.” Walt Disney


This is how life is...we keep moving forward.  Every moment is precious.  

So, children:

listen to your parents and teachers, 

find a way to help someone everyday, 

read something everyday,

and keep moving forward on to the next adventure!

 

Wave at me next year...

Congratulations Third Graders!


 (this is Mrs. Robb...signing off...)




No comments:

Post a Comment