Wednesday, September 4, 2013

First Day of Second Grade 2013

The first day of second grade has come and gone.  We had a busy day learning routines, expectations, and more about each other.  The students loved our classroom library and I am impressed at how many readers and writers we have in this room.  

I will be updating the blog most days during the year, so try to check it once a day. 

Today, your child brought home a plastic, yellow folder.  This will "live" in their back pack to take papers back and forth between home and school. Today, all opening day information and paperwork went home in the folder.  Please complete forms and return ASAP. 

Here are some thoughts about the day from your children:
"I really liked the math work" Beckett
"I liked the quiet reading time with friends."  Norah
 "I liked listening to books on CD." Anders
"My favorite things today was listening to Mrs. Robb read "King Bidgood's in the Bathtub." Miles
"I enjoyed reading on the carpet with friends." Lola
"I liked everything at school." Parker

That's all for now.  I have to drive off to University of Portland tonight where I have class from 4:30-9:30. 
See you tomorrow second graders!  Thanks for a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment