Monday, November 17, 2014

Monday November 17

Hi everyone!

We finished counting our UNICEF money today.  Brooke raised $230 online, and our class raised $161.55 with pennies, nickels, dimes, and quarters!!! WOW!! Almost $400 to help students in other countries.

We began our morning creating "straight line art" out of tissue paper!  Can't wait for you to see!

Then we read the book "12 ways to make 11" and the students wrote twelve equations that equaled 11.

We had a nice time writing our ant reports.  After lunch, we learned our story of the week "The Ant and the Grasshopper" (Aesop Fable) and a poem about army ants.  We finished our day with a funny book called "Antics".

Here is what the kids said about today:

" I really liked the ant fact project I started today." Noel
"We got a 5 in gym today!" Bernadette & Asa & Zach
"I liked looking at the ant farm today." Ayana
"Reading more books about ants is fun." Thomas
"I liked the time we had to plan our art projects." Jenner & Calvin
"The straight line art was fun." Cash
"I enjoyed the book The Grasshopper and the Ants"  Bernadette & Everett
"I liked choice time because I like to draw." Emily
"Watching the Grasshopper and the Ants was fun!" Maddie
"When I was writing the ant project, Everett helped me out!"  Kelley

Thanks everyone!  See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment