Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Tuesday October 12 11-12-13

Hi everyone!  I hope you enjoyed some quality time this weekend with your families.  The weather was beautiful yesterday!

We jumped right into work today, learning the story of the Ants and the Grasshopper, a classic Aesop fable that reminds us "do not put off until tomorrow what you can do today."

I am sure your conversations about school over the past month have included talking about ants.  We had a class meeting, and the students decided that they would like to open the classroom up again for you to visit so you can see all of the interesting learning about ants we have been doing. 

I will send an email as well, but mark your calendars for Thursday, November 21, 2:30-3:00.  The students will show you their final ant projects as well as all of the ant artifacts around the room.  Attendance is completely voluntary and you can visit any part during the 30 minute time frame.  We won't have formal "presentations" of our projects.  The kids are just very excited to show you all of their good work and learning from the past five weeks!

Here are some ideas from today:
"I enjoyed making the ant fact flip book!" Ryder (and others)
"I really like quiet reading because I am reading a chapter book about dragons and I made it to chapter 2!" Cassidy
"I enjoyed using the iPad during math with Jasper."  Beckett
"I enjoyed learning more at the Poetry center during our literacy block." Matthew
"During literacy centers, I learned alot about honeypot ants!" Jasper
"I liked learning about the story The Ants and the Grasshopper." Anders and others...

That's all for today!  See you tomorrow...

1 comment:

  1. Hi class - Alex here. I saw a bunch of ant larvae yesterday at the wildlife sanctuary. I'm sending some photos to Mrs Robb's email. I patted a kangaroo yesterday and I saw a koala. See you guys in 12 days. Bye.

    ReplyDelete