Tuesday, January 7, 2014

January 7th 2014- Happy New Year!

Welcome to the first post of the new year!  Here is some news:

1.  Cold & Flu season is upon us.  During break (on the 23rd), I had my third bout of strep throat since November and fourth set of antibiotics.  We all need to stay healthy.  I've reminded everyone to wash their hands as much as they can, cover their mouths when they cough or sneeze, and please stay home if they feel sick.  We are also wiping surfaces with Clorox wipes every day as well.

2.  Book order forms went home today.  Please order by Friday, January 10th!

3. Back in September, I wrote a grant through DonorsChoose.org to receive 2 more iPads for the classroom. The grant runs out on January 20th.  At that time, the funds will be distributed to other need grants.  PLEASE PLEASE- send/post a link to this page to family and friends.  We only have $340 left to raise, and this is a great, tax-deductible way for extended family to support your child.

Donors Choose- iPad grant


Ideas from the students today:

"I liked how at recess Lola was nice to me." Norah
"I had fun reading James and the Giant Peach picture book." Cassidy
"I liked reading the story I Will Never, Not Ever Eat a Tomato." Jasper
"I've been reading the Magic Tree House books, but I had to skip one because I could not find it.  Today, I found the exact one I had missed in the class book bucket! I'm excited to read it!" Layton
"I enjoyed writing today because I wrote a whole story about my dad!" Beckett

I hope you all had a fun day full of learning!  See you tomorrow...


No comments:

Post a Comment