Tuesday, December 4, 2012

December 4

“When I examine myself and my methods of thought, I come to the conclusion that the gift of fantasy has meant more to me than any talent for abstract, positive thinking.”
Albert Einstein

 Today our fairy tale study was Peter Pan.  There was much magic, sword fights, good and evil characters.  We can't to see the interpretation on the stage tomorrow!

A few things about tomorrow:
If your child uses a booster seat, please bring it tomorrow. 
Also, tomorrow it might be nice to dress up a little nicer since we will be at the theater.  We do not have PE on Wednesday, so nicer clothes would be ok.  We do sit on the carpet though, so keep that in mind.  This is not a requirement, just a thought...

News and compliments:

Sami liked the new math game, "Numberline Showdown"!
"It was nice when Della and Riley played "Make the Sum" with me during math." Savannah
"I appreciated it when Aoife played "Shake, Reach, and Record" with me." Hannah
"I liked it when Mrs. Robb played the new math game with me." Cole


I really enjoy working one-on-one with your children, particularly during math.  Until just recently, I have not been able to sit and enjoy a math game with a student because I have had to monitor distracted/distracting behavior during independent and partner work time.

In order to free up my time to give students more individual attention, our class has been working hard to be "self-managers" during school hours. We drew and talked about what that meant:  basically, each student should be able to manage their own behavior during school so that I can teach, not manage.  If this can happen, we can get much more learning accomplished.   As a group, there are good and not so good moments of self-managing.  I really enjoy the good moments because I can really get to know the learners in this class- one of my favorite things!  This is a learning goal we are all working to achieve.

See you all tomorrow!  Yeah field trips!

No comments:

Post a Comment