Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Tueday February 18

Happy President's Day yesterday!

Today we read a biography together about Abraham Lincoln and his contributions to our country.  We also evaluated our story problem solutions to decide what were the characteristics of a clear solution.
During the afternoon, we wrote about what we did with our baby teeth when they came out, then learned about what children around the world did with their baby teeth...most do NOT expect the Tooth Fairy!

Here are some ideas about today:
"We learned about what kids around the world do with their baby teeth." Lola, Matthew, Miles, Layton
"I enjoyed quiet reading a Pokemon book with Parker." Ezra
"I liked the Arthur movie about how he lost his tooth." Roxana
"I liked playing on the iPad with Ryder to learn more math." Beckett
"I learned more about dairy foods on the iPad." Anders
"It was cool when Jasper's tooth fell out!" Thomas (perfect timing!)
"I enjoyed writing a retell about the Abraham Lincoln biography." Jasper
"I was happy during writing because I finished my How To book." Norah

On a personal note, thank you for all of the kind words and support over the past few weeks.  I am so relieved that there has been a resolution so we can continue learning together.

Remember, school dismissed at 12:30 tomorrow.

See you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment