Wednesday, November 28, 2012

November 28

"Fairy tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten." G.K. Chesterton


 Today the fairy tale we read and discussed was Jack and the Beanstalk.  We wondered why Jack went up for the third time even though he had enough eggs to make him rich from the hen?
"We created a beanstalk "storyline" about Jack and the Beanstalk." Ava

During math, we analyzed and discussed a subtraction chart with facts to 18.  We are jumping into addition and subtraction strategies through our discussions and Work Places.
"I enjoyed math because we learned a new game." Grace

Compliments:

"Aoife was really nice while we were working on our math job." Savannah
"Kora volunteered to be my partner for the new math game, Bucket of Bugs Subtraction." Riley
"I'm giving a compliment to Catalina because when nobody would play with me at recess, she did!" Katie

Field Trip:  At this time, I have enough drivers for the trip.  Thanks for the help!  If you did not get to drive this time, I will put you at the top of the list for the next time!

Have a great day!




No comments:

Post a Comment