Thursday, November 29, 2012

November 29

"If you want your children to be intelligent, read them fairy tales.  If you want them to be more intelligent, read them more fairy tales." Albert Einstein

Today we shared the fairy tale Little Red Riding Hood.  I asked the kids to think about the lesson of this story, (or, why have parents told this story to their children for so long?).  They decided:
1. Don't talk to strangers. 2.  Listen to your parents!  Both are very good lessons for all!

News and compliments:

"We learned a new math game called "Make the Sum." Katie
"I liked making a Red Riding Hood book." Colin
" I enjoyed playing a math game with Mrs. Robb." Grace
"At recess, it was nice when Zac and Colin let me play 2-square with them." Hayden
"Lainey was a good friend when she played a game with me at recess." Savannah
"It was really nice when Aoife helped me figure out a crossword puzzle during Literacy Centers." Seth
"I enjoy solving crossword puzzles because they are fun." Sami

Remember, bring homework and library books tomorrow!


No comments:

Post a Comment