Thursday, September 12, 2013

Thursday, September 12

Today our Special Person is Miles!  He told us a great story about visiting Disneyworld and winning on the racers!  Thanks Miles


We will begin homework the week starting September 23rd.

Tomorrow is Field Day from 10:00-11:00

Please bring your library books back!

Here are some ideas from the class.  From what I can tell, we really enjoyed math today!

"I enjoyed the geoboard 7 band challenge." Alex

""I liked playing Race to 50¢" Cooper
"The math bucket materials were fun to explore." Norah
"I liked hearing the story 'Fanny B. Kranny, There's a Bird in Your Hair." Layton
"Math was fun today!" Evalyn
"I really enjoyed the name project." Hensley & others
"I liked playing Race to 50¢ with Lola" Kali

I read a story to the students everyday.  Although many of the second graders can read independently, I believe that sharing a picture book and enjoying the events and characters together is an important part of the day.  It allows me a chance to model expressive reading and some thinking as a reader.  The students seem to enjoy this quiet time we have together everyday after lunch.  I certainly do!

See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment