Thursday, September 26, 2013

Thursday, September 26

Today the Special Person was Norah!!!  She told us a story about roasting marshmallows over a campfire and then having s'mores!  Makes me hungry!  Thanks Norah.

Reminders:
Please return HOMEWORK and LIBRARY BOOKS tomorrow!

Our Open House is tomorrow.  When you come, please stop at the office and sign in.  Walk around, enjoy the room and look at your child's projects.  It will get a little crowded, but fun!  If you wish to stay and read a book, or leave early, it's up to you. If you do leave before 3:00, sign out your child at the office before you leave.  Thanks!

Seems like we are entering cold and flu season early this year...I'll keep reminding the kids to cover their mouth when they sneeze and cough.  I'm working my way through a virus right now and I hope it does not hit your house!

Today at school we did much reading and writing.  We also built and drew a line plot, which is a new kind of graph for the students. 
Drawing and understanding a line plot is part of the Mathematical standards in the national Common Core Curriculum for second grade.

Here are some thoughts from the students today:
"I liked silent reading because I was able to read a rabbit book" Jasper
"My favorite part of the day was writing because I like writing stories" Matthew (and I really enjoy reading them!)
"I liked today because Norah made me something During choice time." Lola
"I liked choice time because I built an awesome marble track." Layton
"I liked using iPads during choice time." Olivia
"I liked choice time because I was able to build LEGOs." Anders
" I really enjoyed writing time because I am ready to publish a story." Lauren
"I like the book 'Bad Kitty' that Mrs. Robb read to us." Beckett and Jasper

See you tomorrow everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment