Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Tuesday September 24

Today our Special Person was Ryder.  He told us a great story of dirt bike riding with his older cousin.  Great story Ryder!

We had another busy productive day.  We began our Literacy Block, which is a time devoted to reading fiction, non-fiction, and poetry and writing about our reading.  This is also the time where I will be providing small group instruction geared towards your child's needs as a reader.

During math, we took a short test to see what we remembered from first grade.  We looked at the calendar and noticed that today is the 24th.  The number 24 has four different rectangles (multiples): 1x24, 2x12, 3x8, 6x4.  Wow!

We need parent volunteers for a few minutes next week:  from 2:15-2:45 on October 2 for our clay art.  Please let me know ASAP if you can help.


Here are some ideas from the students today:

"I really liked quiet reading because I was reading with Matthew." Alex
"I liked the math test." Beckett
"I liked our writing time." Miles
"I enjoyed choice time because I like sharing and using the LEGOs." Drew
"I liked helping Ezra solve puzzles on the ISPY game on the computer." Parker
"I liked reading Judy Moody." Lauren
"I liked quiet reading time with Parker." Ezra
"I liked writing time today because I finished up one page and I want to add more, so I got another piece of paper!" Layton
"I really liked using LEGOs with Drew and Thomas during choice time."

(FYI- students only get choice time when they complete all of their work for the day- and it is rarely for more than 20 minutes.  It is a nice way to end the day and gives me a chance to work one-on-one with students...)

Have a great day...see you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment