Monday, October 15, 2012

October 15

I hope you all had a restful three day weekend.  I really enjoyed the extra time with my family.

Call me crazy, but I am loving the rain because it finally feels and looks like fall- such a beautiful time of the year!  The leaves outside our classroom windows are fabulous!

Today we experienced a lovely story that we will retell during our independent work time: Charlie Anderson.  Have your child retell this story to you!

We also learned more about ant anatomy.  Did you know that ants have two stomachs?  One stomach is for the ant's own nutrition, and the other is used to hold food for the grubs or queen ant.

Compliments:

"Cole was kind when he helped Teddy lift a heavy bucket of books. " Mrs. Robb
"When Bailey's water bottle fell on my arm, he said sorry." Riley
" Hannah waited for me so we could read a book together during quiet reading time." Aoife
"I enjoyed reading I Spy with Calvin, Catalina, and Calvin during quiet reading time." Grace

We are painting our clay art tomorrow!  See you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment