Wednesday, September 5, 2012

September 5 First Day of School

Hello!
We had a busy day of firsts in second grade.  I asked the kids what they enjoyed the most:

"Recess!" - Bailey
"Getting to see friends"- Hannah
"Math was fun"- Peter

And a few compliments:
"When I was reading a book with Cora, she helped me with the words I didn't know" -Lainey
Thank you Cora!  I can already tell that we are going to be kind helpers in this classroom as we learn from each other.
 I want to say thank you to Calvin for being such a great example during quiet reading. 

News :
1.  Please turn in your registration packet information as soon as possible.
2.  If you have not turned in your $20 materials fee, it would be greatly appreciated.
3. Picture day for room 13 is Thursday, September 13.  I'll get paperwork to your regarding picture day as soon I see it!
4.  Field Day is Friday, September 14 from 10:00-11:00.  I think there is a sign up sheet in the office if you want to volunteer.

Thank you for all the support and kind words of welcome.  I feel embraced by this community and am enjoying getting to know your children.
See you tomorrow!



1 comment:

  1. Love the blog and am now subscribed on Google Reader. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete